SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 25, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RSAC 2023 --
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“Independent third-party testing provides unbiased information to help organizations select the right security solutions to fit their needs. FortiGate’s near perfect score in the latest CyberRatings.org NGFW test showcases our continued commitment to independent testing and transparency, and underscores our track record of delivering cutting-edge, high-performing enterprise security solutions. Customers can be confident in our products because of our stand-out results in this objective suite of real-world tests.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global cybersecurity leader driving the convergence of networking and security, today announced the FortiGate 600F Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) received a Recommended rating by CyberRatings.org, the industry’s only independent third-party cybersecurity testing non-profit. Fortinet earned the highest possible ranking of ‘AAA’ across all four scoring categories.
Ideal Performance in all Scoring Categories
The FortiGate 600F received the ‘AAA’ rating in the Threat Prevention, SSL/TLS Functionality, Stability & Reliability, and Routing & Access Control testing categories, proving FortiGate delivers the necessary security performance to address modern enterprise networking needs.
- Threat Prevention: FortiGate 600F, which leverages FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services across the entire attack surface, achieved a near perfect score for Threat Prevention against a robust testing repository of 1,724 exploits and 1,482 evasions. It blocked 100% of all client-initiated exploits and evasions, 99.88% of all server-initiated exploits, and 100% of all client-initiated evasions.
- SSL/TLS Functionality: FortiGate correctly identified all insecure cipher suites, including TLS 1.3 and 1.2, and properly decrypted and inspected traffic for prohibited content.
- Stability & Reliability: With more than 10 Gbps of threat protection throughput, the FortiGate 600F ensures exceptional user experience while blocking exploits, and this was on full display during a battery of stability tests across a variety of loads, traffic types, and protocol mutation.
- Routing & Access Control: FortiGate correctly enforced policies across various configurations—including a complex multiple-zone configuration that supports thousands of users, networks, policies, and applications—with minimal performance degradation.
Low Cost of Ownership, High ROI
The FortiGate 600F, which includes purpose-built ASIC technology, passed all CyberRatings.org performance tests, which simulated a variety of traffic conditions including raw packet processing performance, HTTP capacity, and real-world single application flows.
CyberRatings.org concluded that FortiGate had a lower price per Mbps than comparable NGFWs included in the test, delivering excellent return on investment (ROI) and promoting cost savings.
Leading the Convergence of Networking and Security
Fortinet was recognized as a Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ Leader for Network Firewalls1 in 2022, and we believe it's because FortiGate NGFWs seamlessly converge networking and security to deliver integrated Secure Networking features that address complex enterprise needs.
Because FortiGate is built on a single operating system, FortiOS, and leverages a simple-to-use, centralized management console, it delivers unparalleled functionality, visibility, and control across the entire hybrid environment—including support for the industry evolution to Hybrid Mesh Firewalls.
“We don’t hold back when we test cybersecurity products. FortiGate blocked the thousands of sophisticated threats and evasions we threw at it while remaining reliable and performing well. Any organization that needs a comprehensive firewall solution should consider FortiGate based on its strong performance on this year’s test.”
- Vikram Phatak, Chief Executive Officer of CyberRatings.org
Download the full 2023 CyberRatings.org Enterprise Firewall Report on the FortiGate 600F here.
- Learn more about FortiGate next-generation firewalls.
- Learn about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, which includes broad cyber awareness and product training. As part of the Fortinet Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), the Fortinet Training Institute also provides training and certification through the Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification, Academic Partner, and Education Outreach programs.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research and Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Read about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on our blog or YouTube.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner and Magic Quadrant and PEER INSIGHTS are a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
1. Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, Rajpreet Kaur, Adam Hils, Tom Lintemuth, 20 December 2022
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a driving force in the evolution of cybersecurity and the convergence of networking and security. Our mission is to secure people, devices, and data everywhere, and today we deliver cybersecurity everywhere you need it with the largest integrated portfolio of over 50 enterprise-grade products. Well over half a million customers trust Fortinet's solutions, which are among the most deployed, most patented, and most validated in the industry. The Fortinet Training Institute, one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry, is dedicated to making cybersecurity training and new career opportunities available to everyone. FortiGuard Labs, Fortinet’s elite threat intelligence and research organization, develops and utilizes leading-edge machine learning and AI technologies to provide customers with timely and consistently top-rated protection and actionable threat intelligence. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, and FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2023 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, the Fortinet logo, FortiGate, FortiOS, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiASIC, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, FortiADC, FortiAI, FortiAIOps, FortiAntenna, FortiAP, FortiAPCam, FortiAuthenticator, FortiCache, FortiCall, FortiCam, FortiCamera, FortiCarrier, FortiCASB, FortiCentral, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiCWP, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiDeceptor, FortiDeploy, FortiDevSec, FortiEdge, FortiEDR, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFirewall, FortiFone, FortiGSLB, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiLAN, FortiLink, FortiMoM, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiNDR, FortiPenTest, FortiPhish, FortiPlanner, FortiPolicy, FortiPortal, FortiPresence, FortiProxy, FortiRecon, FortiRecorder, FortiSASE, FortiSDNConnector, FortiSIEM, FortiSMS, FortiSOAR, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiTrust, FortiVoice, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLM and FortiXDR. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments.
A PDF accompanying this announcement is available at: http://ml.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/c4392cef-9fe9-44af-a084-636038df424a