Executives from Reuters, Thompson, Dow Jones, PR Newswire, Business Wire, Marketwired and Yahoo! join a crowdfunding focused press release industry disruption model
MIAMI, Fla. - (NewMediaWire) - July 15, 2015 - iCrowdNewswire, a crowdfunding, venture capital and angel investing focused newswire launched in May of this year has introduced an all-star cast Advisory team with global presence, experience and deep understanding and knowledge of the industry.
The Advisory Team is comprised of:
· Antoun Sfeir - Paris, France. Antoun is the President of ePressPack and PressKing, providing online newsroom and press release distribution services to companies in the European Union, the United Kingdom and United States. Previously Antoun was the managing director of PR Newswire in France.
· Martin Murtland - Greater New York Area. Martin was a Senior Vice President at PR Newswire and previously was General Manager for Dow Jones Factiva, Director, Content & Metadata Strategy, Content Licensing, and Business Planning.
· Wolfgang Zehrt - Berlin, Germany. Wolfgang is the founder of text-on GmbH and a digital agency, worked with dapd news agency, ddp direct, dapd video, medienservice exklusiy and Hugin, a New York Stock Exchange/Euronext company operating a press release distribution service with offices in 14 countries in Europe and operating in 23 countries.
· Hiram Enriquez - Miami, Florida. Hiram is currently Director, Product Marketing - SPT Digital Networks Latin America at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Previously Hiram worked with Viacom International, MTV Networks, Univision Interactive and Yahoo!
· David Ketchum - Hong Kong and Singapore. David is currently the Founder and CEO of Current Asia and Chairman of the Digital + Direct Marketing Association Asia. Previously David was CEO of Upstream Asia which sold its Media Services Asia (MSA) press release distribution service to Marketwired in 2008.
"Ideas are only as good as the ability to implement them and bring them to a profitable fruition, and this is accomplished with vision, dedication and a talented team," said Hector Botero, President and CEO or iCrowdNewswire. "The best proof of our mission, vision and ability to implement our global plan is our ability to recruit senior executives with impeccable credentials and track records to work with us to get the job done."
iCrowdNewswire is focused on the new consolidation between venture capital and angel investing with the growing crowdfunding global phenomenon, and to this extent, assembling a truly global advisory team is paramount.
Since launching in April of 2015 iCrowdNewswire has been able to clearly define its business model and is currently operating in three business segments:
· Wholesale or private label distribution services
· Custom and specialized services
· Direct retail to consumer through its web site
"A key milestone for any start up is defining its business segments and proving the concept," said Hector Botero. "Once a business understands where revenues and profits will come from and has the products and services to serve these segments, then proves this by creating revenues, it is well on its way to success."
Incorporated in December 2014, iCrowdNewswire opened its doors for business in late April of 2015, recording its first revenues in May of the same year. Founded by a group of professionals from the largest, most influential and successful newswires, iCrowdNewswire is focused on the venture capital, angel investing and crowdfunding industries - combined, these three industry segments account for over $100 billion dollars a year in investments in the US alone, and the crowdfunding industry on its own is projected to top $300 billion worldwide by 2025 according to The World Bank, providing an enviable compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) globally. It is widely accepted that the crowdfunding phenomenon is a disruption model set to change the way peer-to-peer investing and lending, startup funding and real estate investment is done worldwide. iCrowdNewswire's vision and mission is to leverage the current developments to disrupt the press release industry and provide greater efficiencies, cost reductions and larger margins overall.