With California eliminating sales of gas-powered vehicles by 2035, broad-based electrification is imminent. And now, a transition to Democratic control of the federal government could accelerate green technology adoption even further. In the marketplace, there are now many ways to invest in electric vehicles and related technologies, with several major companies listing on public exchanges in the last year alone and more on the way.
To discuss this changing landscape, IPO Edge will host a virtual forum on Monday, November 16, at 2:00 p.m. EST: Acceleration of Electrification: California’s 2035 Ban and the Future of EVs, Energy Technology and Regulation.
Participants will include the California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development, as well as CEOs and senior executives from Blink Charging Co., QuantumScape, XL Fleet, Canoo, Lordstown Motors and Romeo Power. Speakers will discuss the most important electrification technologies heading into 2021 and beyond, the changing regulatory landscape, and emerging investment and financing opportunities.
The event, hosted in partnership with Vinson & Elkins LLP, ICR, Nasdaq, Cowen and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association, will consist of panel discussions, one-on-one interviews, and live Q&A sessions, totaling approximately two hours.
To register, please CLICK HERE.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Tyson Eckerle, Deputy Director, Zero Emission Vehicle Market Development, California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- Steve Burns, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Lordstown Motors Corp. (NASDAQ: RIDE)
- Michael Farkas, Founder Executive Chairman and CEO, Blink Charging (NASDAQ: BLNK)
- Lionel Selwood, Jr., CEO, Romeo Power (Merging with RMG Acquisition Corp., NYSE: RMG)
- Tod Hynes, Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, XL Fleet (Merging with Pivotal Investment Corp. II, NYSE: PIC)
- Jagdeep Singh, Founder and CEO, QuantumScape (Merging with Kensington Capital Acquisition Corp., NYSE: KCAC)
- Paul Balciunas, CFO, Canoo (Merging with Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. IV, NASDAQ: HCAC)
- Jack Cassel, Vice President, Listings & Capital Markets, Nasdaq
- Mark Saraiva, Managing Director and Head of Transportation Group, Cowen Inc.
- Ramey Layne, Partner, Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions, Vinson & Elkins
- Hope King, Multimedia Editor, IPO Edge
- Jarrett Banks, Editor-at-Large, IPO Edge
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge
The program includes the following topics:
- How California and other states are supporting emerging technologies in electrification
- California’s 2035 ban on internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle sales
- Private investment opportunities
- Consumer vs. commercial vehicles
- Best paths to public markets: IPOs, SPACs, and direct listings
- Implications for peripheral industries such as charging stations and batteries
Established in 1998, ICR partners with its clients to execute strategic communications and advisory programs that achieve business goals, build awareness and credibility, and enhance long-term enterprise value. The firm’s highly-differentiated service model, which pairs capital markets veterans with senior communications professionals, brings deep sector knowledge and relationships to more than 750 clients in approximately 20 industries. ICR’s healthcare practice operates under the Westwicke brand (www.westwicke.com). Today, ICR is one of the largest and most experienced independent communications and advisory firms in North America, maintaining offices in New York, Norwalk, Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco, San Diego and Beijing. Learn more at www.icrinc.com. Follow us on Twitter at @ICRPR.
About IPO Edge
IPO Edge is dedicated to objective journalism as a means to deliver the clearest news and analysis of new and upcoming initial public offerings. In an era when misinformation is rampant, we aspire to distinguish between truth and falsehood, along with opportunity and risk. Find our content on www.ipo-edge.com along with Yahoo Finance and Bloomberg Terminals.