News releases from Abbott
Abbott Declares 389th Consecutive Quarterly Dividend
February 19, 2021
The board of directors of Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today declared a quarterly common dividend of 45 cents per share.
Abbott Reports Fourth-Quarter 2020 Results; Issues Strong Double-Digit Growth Forecast for 2021
January 27, 2021
Abbott's Panbio Rapid Antigen Test Receives CE Mark for Asymptomatic Screening and Self-Administered Sample Collection with Nasal Swab
January 26, 2021
- Panbio™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device supports mass testing in congregate populations of people (mass screening) who are asymptomatic
Abbott Receives Expanded Medicare Reimbursement for First-Of-Its-Kind MitraClip™ Device
January 20, 2021
- New national reimbursement enables access to transcatheter mitral valve repair procedures with MitraClip for people with secondary mitral regurgitation, significantly expanding the eligible patient...
Abbott to Launch the NeuroSphere™ myPath™ Digital Health App Designed to Track and Report Pain Relief in Chronic Pain Patients With Physicians Prior to Device Implant
January 14, 2021
- New app will allow patients to record their pain relief during the device trial period with spinal cord stimulation or dorsal root ganglion therapy, simplify reporting outcomes and connect patients...
Abbott Announces Fulfillment of Federal Government Purchase of 150 Million BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Rapid Tests and Is Now Ready to Support Commercial Distribution
January 12, 2021
- Abbott will complete the U.S. government order for 150 million BinaxNOW COVID-19 tests this week and will supply 30 million additional tests through March via a new government order
Abbott Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for the First Rapid Handheld Blood Test for Concussions
January 11, 2021
- The test to help evaluate mild traumatic brain injury (TBI), commonly known as concussion, produces a result within 15 minutes after a plasma sample is inserted and will run on Abbott's i-STAT™...
Abbott Hosts Conference Call for Fourth-Quarter Earnings
January 06, 2021
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) will announce its fourth-quarter 2020 financial results on Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021, before the market opens.
Abbott to Present at J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference
December 18, 2020
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) will present virtually at the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021. Robert B. Ford, president and chief executive officer, will present at 9 a.m....
FDA Approves Labeling Update for Abbott's HeartMate 3 Heart Pump for use in Pediatric Patients
December 17, 2020
- Abbott's HeartMate 3™ heart pump approved for use for pediatric patients battling advanced heart failure
Abbott's BinaxNOW COVID-19 Rapid Test Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for First Virtually Guided, At-Home Rapid Test Using eMed's Digital Health Platform
December 16, 2020
- First at-home, virtually guided service to bring rapid, reliable and affordable testing into the home where the result is delivered in minutes
- SARS-CoV-2 IgG II Quant antibody test measures levels of IgG antibodies to help measure and understand a person's immune response
Abbott Increases Quarterly Dividend by 25%
December 11, 2020
Abbott's FreeStyle Libre 2 Now Approved for Adults and Children with Diabetes in Canada, Featuring Unsurpassed 14-Day Accuracy and Optional Alarms
December 02, 2020
Abbott (NYSE:ABT) today announced its next-generation, sensor-based glucose monitoring technology, FreeStyle Libre 2, received approval by Health Canada for adults and children (4 and older) with...
Abbott Becomes First Anchor Sponsor of American Diabetes Association's Health Equity Now Initiative to Advance Access to Care and Technology for People with Diabetes
November 18, 2020
- Abbott is committing $5 million over three years to the American Diabetes Association (ADA) to help close the health disparities gap for underserved diabetes communities, especially people of color...
Abbott Named Industry Sustainability Leader for the Eighth Year in a Row on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
November 16, 2020
- Abbott achieves top industry scores in governance/economic and social performance, earns more than triple the average industry score in its industry sector
Abbott Announces the U.S. Launch of the IonicRF™ Generator for Use in Patients Living With Chronic Pain
November 10, 2020
-- Radiofrequency ablation is a minimally invasive procedure to deactivate nerves associated with pain for up to one year
Abbott Wins Prestigious Prix Galien USA Award for First-of-its-Kind MitraClip™ Device
October 30, 2020
-- Considered as the industry's equivalent of the Nobel Prize in biopharmaceutical and medical technology research, Prix Galien USA honored MitraClip as the Best Medical Technology for 2020
Abbott Reports Third-Quarter 2020 Results; Achieves Strong Double-Digit Earnings Growth and Raises Guidance
October 21, 2020
Improved Mental and Physical Condition is Directly Linked to Nutrition, Study Shows
October 19, 2020
- New research from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Abbott, and U.S. Air Force published in the journal Scientific Reports demonstrates that the right nutrition is directly linked to...
Abbott Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for its COVID-19 IgM Antibody Blood Test
October 12, 2020
- Data demonstrates highly reliable test results with 99.56% specificity and 95.00% sensitivity for patients tested 15 days after symptom onset
Abbott Releases ID NOW™ COVID-19 Interim Clinical Study Results from 1,003 People to Provide the Facts on Clinical Performance and to Support Public Health
October 07, 2020
- Data show ID NOW performance of 95.0% sensitivity and 97.9% specificity within seven days of symptom onset
Abbott's FreeStyle® Libre 3 System Receives CE Mark - Features World's Smallest, Thinnest Sensor with Best-in-Class Performance at the Same Low Cost for People with Diabetes
September 28, 2020
- The FreeStyle Libre 3 system automatically delivers real-time, up-to-the-minute glucose readings, unsurpassed 14-day accuracy and optional glucose alarms directly to smartphones for people with...
Abbott Receives CE Mark for Next-Generation MitraClip™ Heart Valve Repair Device to Treat Mitral Regurgitation
September 21, 2020
- CE Mark for MitraClip G4 offers physicians an innovative next-generation system with more options for mitral valve repair using proven clip-based technology
Abbott Hosts Conference Call for Third-Quarter Earnings
September 21, 2020
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) will announce its third-quarter 2020 financial results on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020, before the market opens.
Abbott Declares 387th Consecutive Quarterly Dividend
September 17, 2020
The board of directors of Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today declared a quarterly common dividend of 36 cents per share.
Abbott Introduces Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor in Europe, World's First Glucose Biosensor Designed for Athletes
September 17, 2020
- Abbott's Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor, with CE Mark, is built upon the company's world-leading continuous glucose monitoring technology
Abbott Announces Start of Trial to Evaluate the New Esprit™ BTK Drug-Eluting Resorbable Scaffold
September 03, 2020
- The LIFE-BTK trial will evaluate the company's new drug-eluting resorbable scaffold (DRS), known as the Esprit BTK System, for the treatment of blocked arteries below-the-knee (BTK)