Consolidated Communications, (NASDAQ: CNSL), recently announced nearly $20,000 in grants were awarded through its Consolidated Connects Educational Grant Program to eight K-12 schools in support of innovative, technology-focused learning programs.
The grants, awarded as a part of the program’s inaugural grant cycle, are directed toward schools and initiatives within the Company’s service area that advance creative student learning, develop 21st century skills, promote critical thinking and utilize innovative technologies. In response to the ongoing pandemic, this grant cycle focused on funding projects that address virtual/remote learning resource gaps.
The 2021 grant recipients include:
- Blue Oaks Elementary School (Calif.) – Early Engineers and Intellibricks Programs
- Farmersville Grade School (Ill.) – Group Technology Learning project
- Lewiston Public Schools (Maine) – Computer Science for Lewiston Programming
- Dakota Meadows Middle School (Minn.) – Project Lead the Way
- Sanborn Regional High School (N.H.) – Internet of Things project
- DJ Bakie Elementary School (N.H.) – Tech Box project
- Katy Independent School District (Texas) – Robert R. Shaw Center for STEAM
- Guilford Central School (Vt.) – Remote Container Garden Learning project
“Consolidated Communications has a long tradition of supporting local communities, schools and educational initiatives,” said Jennifer Spaude, senior vice president of corporate communications and investor relations. “Our Consolidated Connects Educational Grant Program builds upon our legacy of building stronger communities and investing in innovative educational programming for children and young adults.”
Consolidated Connects’ grants are awarded annually through a grant application process. The next grant period will open on Sept. 1, 2021. More information is available at consolidated.com/cciconnects.
About Consolidated Communications
Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNSL) is a leading broadband and business communications provider serving consumers, businesses, and wireless and wireline carriers across rural and metro communities and a 23-state service area. Leveraging an advanced fiber network spanning 47,400 fiber route miles, Consolidated Communications is a top-10 fiber provider in the U.S. offering a wide range of communications solutions, including: high-speed Internet, data, phone, security, managed services, cloud services and wholesale, carrier solutions. From our first connection 125 years ago, Consolidated is dedicated to turning technology into solutions, connecting people and enriching how they work and live. Visit www.consolidated.com for more information.